Gwen Meister and Bill Behmer with “The Mountain Dulcimer,” perform at a Humanities Nebraska presentation at the Alliance Public Library on Dec. 9. This delightful program featured several different dulcimers, autoharp and rhythm instruments with folk songs, a Christmas sing-a-long and an original song about Nebraska, in addition to fascinating history of the instruments. In the photo, the audience joined in “Jingle Bells” with Meister and Splinter the Jingle Horse, a “limberjack”, adding a festive touch to our singing. Following their presentation, Meister and Behmer answered questions, shared conversation and gave attendees an opportunity to play the dulcimers. This great presentation is shared through funding with Humanities Nebraska, the Nebraska Cultural Endowment, the State of Nebraska and the Alliance Public Library Foundation.
- Commissioners Hire Interim Public Defender, No Change to Worthman’s Insurance Benefits
- Steven W. Pfeiffer obituary
- Poverty in Our Area; Poverty—Just a Heart Attack Away
- Vehicle-Pedestrian Accident Sends Child to Hospital
- Jacqueline Carol (Braden) Jelinek obituary
- Tolstedt to be Inducted into Hall of Fame
- Taco Johns Takes Care Of Cardboard
- WNCC President Meets with Alliance Business Leaders
- City Council Ends Sales Tax Ballot Initiative
- Peggy Marie (Richardson) Fritzler obituary
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.