The Mission Store, Inc. is offering its 12th annual mini-grants.
The Mission Store is a nonprofit organization whose goals are to accept donated clothing and household goods, help those in need, reuse and recycle, foster volunteerism and respond to emergencies.
All organized nonprofit groups are eligible for funds, which must be used for projects that will benefit the entire group. Funds will be awarded to nonprofit programs with the goal of improving the overall situation of its participants.
Many organizations have previously benefited from the mini-grants program with a total of $41,825.00 being returned to the community in 2018. Our grants for 2018 were a smaller amount due to the improvements made in our building to better serve our community.
Applicants should include in their proposals:
* The name and description of the program or event they are requesting funding for.
* An explanation regarding how the grant funds will be used.
* A description of the target audience.
* The program goals and expected outcome.
* A statement explaining how the funds will assist in making the program a reality.
Funds, if awarded, must not be used for salaries, insurance or operating expenses.
Form may be picked up at the Mission Store (302 Box Butte Ave.) beginning, Sept. 1 and must be returned to the Mission Store or by mail to the Alliance Mission Store, P.O. Box 179, Alliance, NE 69301, postmarked on or before Oct. 15, 2019.