The Alliance Volunteer Fire Department was called to Emerson Elementary School on June 24 on the report of smoke being found by contractors. Alliance Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Troy Unzicker said in a press release that no fire was found at the scene.
“No fire was found however, the hotspots were located and smoldering insulation was removed,” said Unzicker. “Damage appears to be minimal. We are not expecting any delays with the building project or the opening of the school.”
Unzicker thanked the Alliance Volunteer Fire Department for their service.