Bailey, Kluver Receive Awards for Principalship
Region V of the Nebraska State Association of Secondary School Principals announces their award winners for the 2018-2019 school year. Region V extends north and south on a line from McCook to Valentine, and includes all schools west of that line, to the Wyoming border. Awards include nominated members who have earned the most votes in their respective areas. The award winners are as follows:
Dan Kluver (Hemingford High School), Outstanding New Principal
● This award is given to a principal in their first five years as an administrator, who demonstrates outstanding leadership in their schools, their region, and on a state level. Dan has demonstrated enthusiasm for the principalship as shown by support from students, parents, teachers, and peers.
Chris Bailey (Alliance High School), Assistant Principal of the Year
● This award is given to an assistant principal that has provided high quality learning opportunities for students. The acknowledgement given by Chris’ peers demonstrate the exemplary contributions he has given to the profession.
Jeff Sayer (Valentine Middle School), Middle School Principal of the Year
● This award is given to a middle school principal that has been an administrator for more than five years. The administrator must exemplify quality leadership in education. Jeff was acknowledged by his peers for his excellence in collaborative leadership, curriculum and instruction, and assessment.
Heath Peters (Mitchell High School), High School Principal of the Year
● This award is given to a high school principal that has been an administrator for more than five years. The administrator must provide high quality learning opportunities for students. Heath was acknowledged by his peers for the contributions he has made to the profession on local, state, and federal levels.
Patrick Ningen (Creek Valley High School), Distinguished Service Award
● This award is given to an administrator that has rendered outstanding and unselfish service to the Nebraska State Association of Secondary School Principals and has contributed significantly to quality education at the state and local level.